Dreams: oracle or nothing more?

portents, omens, oracles, lucid dreaming, wish, prophecy, prediction

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lucid Dreaming

A lot has been said about lucid dreaming. Many people cultivate lucid dreaming and claim that great benefits can be gained from it. I have tried doing it a few times but I just never got the hang of it. What I mean is that it just happens when it happens. I don't really consciously set out to do it. I figure when my subconscious needs me to come in and do things in my dreams it would just happen.

Many people put stock in dreams especially ones that happen early in the morning before they wake up. They say it is an omen or portent of something about to happen or is happening somewhere else. The fact of the matter is that it does not really happen all that often so it is difficult to draw conslusions. Maybe we should just let them happen when they happen and not think too much about it. Omens and portents are not really my cup of tea. I would prefer my dreams to be something that I would want to happen someday, something that I want and desire so much that I think about it all the time.

There are many books on lucid dreaming and I have read a number of them. I certainly think that more research should be conducted on this very fascinating facet of life. Dreams mean a lot to a lot of people and I am sure that however they view dreams and dreaming, there is a great deal of truth in how they see it. It is not really so easy to simplify dreams and the people who dream them.
----0000----
For peace of mind, try meditation

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Mr Market said…

    In dreams our mind show us examples to resolve our life problems. You only have to connect with the feeling the dream start on you. Anxiety, joy, fear, etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Verizon Wireless
Free Cell Phones