Dreams: oracle or nothing more?

portents, omens, oracles, lucid dreaming, wish, prophecy, prediction

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Recurring dreams, recurring themes....

I used to have recurring dreams of being chased or of flying and falling. There are many recorded accounts of dreams that make their way again and again into our subconscious wheere we have little or no control of what goes on in our minds. I read once of how dreams are dealt with in some parts of Malaysia, where dreamers are encouraged to take an active part in their dreams and to try to bring the dream to a conclusion which is desirable or satisfying to the dreamer. To take an example, if one is constantly menaced or chased by a tiger, the dreamer is encouraged to face the tiger and even to pet and stroke it.

My own experience deals with a very unpleasant dream of being chased by a witch or a demon flying easily through the air and terrorizing me. Sometimes I would make attempts at flying myself to facilitate an escape but to no avail because I wuld invariably lose altitude after a while and frantically flapping my arms would produce no tangible results. The funny thing was that nothing ever happened to me maybe because I would wake up in a sweat and discover it was all a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Verizon Wireless
Free Cell Phones